Justine Alexander is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW) and a registered provider with Medicare Australia. You are eligible for a Medicare rebate if you access Justine’s services with a Mental Health Plan from your GP. A MHP allows for 10 sessions over a calendar year – a course of 6 sessions initially and 4 additional if required.
Justine’s main area of interest is Stress Management, Solution-Focussed Counselling, Stress-related physical conditions such as IBS, and mild to moderate Anxiety. Treatments provided to clients can include all or some of the following Focussed Psychological Strategies:
- Learning to recognise unhelpful thinking styles and how to unhook yourself from difficult or unhelpful thoughts.
- Learning how to manage uncomfortable feelings, sensations and urges.
- Relaxation skills – Breathing exercises, Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Meditation.
- Counselling (General and Solution-focussed)
- Visualisation Skills
- Assertiveness and Communication Skills
- Clarifying the values that matter most to you in order to to live a fulfilling life.